I’ve been using the CG method for some time now, and I do think my hair is more moisturized than it used to be zyban smoking. The one drawback is I think I’ve lost a lot of length retention because I’ve been wearing my hair out a lot and I’ve been manipulating it a lot (doing braid outs and things of that nature).
I can’t deny, my easiest and most convenient hair regimen was when I was wearing two strand twists religiously. I wore two strand twists for a year straight and my hair grew like weeds. But after a while I started to get tired of them. They started taking way too long for me to do them (like 6 hours), and after a week they looked terrible and I’d have to take them out and redo them. They also make me look extremely young, teenager-esque if you will.
Well, after some serious thought after getting my last length check and realizing I really didn’t retain the length I wanted to, I’ve decided I’m going to go back to my old regimen, but with a few tweaks.
- To alleviate the amount of time, I’m not going to do mini twists; I think my hair is long enough where I can get away with medium sized twists.
- I’m going to attempt to stretch my twists to last two weeks rather than one. I’ll do this by cleaning my scalp every week and redoing the perimeter in between weeks of retwisting.
- I’m going to oil my ends every single day! I did notice when I wore my hair in twists I took advantage of the opportunity to be lazy during the week and I’d simply get up and go every day. Well my hair was extremely dry and I feel like I’ve got my hair to a good place regarding moisture, so I’m going to keep it up and make sure I moisturize it on a daily basis.
- I’ll still be using my CG-friendly products: Paul Mitchell’s The Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Shea moisture curl enhancing milk/smoothie
- Yes, they’ll probably still make me look really young BUT I never used to wear make up and now I’ve gotten to a place wear I am wearing make up the majority of the time, so hopefully the extra polished look will help me look more around my age.
- I will be taking vitamins daily!
Hopefully the combination of the CG Method and twists as a protective style will give me much better results than I’ve been seeing lately. Updates coming soon!